Sara and Rob have both travelled extensively, supporting expeditions in some of the more remote parts of the world. During this time they came to appreciate the energising and levelling effects of outdoor living.
We have four 18ft Mongolian-style yurts which each sleep up to 5 people. All have their own unique character and are furnished with sumptuous feather duvets, beautiful linen and unique quilts. They have a wood-burning stove to keep you warm on cooler evenings. Solar powered fairy lights add to the magical atmosphere.
Yurts – the ultimate eco-Glamping experience
- Yurts are spacious and comfortable
- Furnished with cushions and kilim rugs on wooden floors
- Each yurt has a double bed and two/three single cotton futons
- A wood burning stove keeps the yurt cosy on chilly evenings
- Each yurt has its own outside wooden deck area
- Each yurt has its own authentic fire pit and tripod stand
- Duvets, pillows and bed linen are provided
Sara says: “Our yurts offer the ultimate camping experience, providing the wonderful feeling of ‘getting back-to-nature’ in real comfort, making your holiday truly relaxing”
The yurts are well spaced apart to give you a feeling of seclusion, you won’t feel that you’re disturbing someone if you stay up late chatting and you won’t hear your neighbours snoring!
Each yurt has its own authentic fire pit with a tripod stand so if you are feeling adventurous you can cook over an open fire or toast marshmallows under the stars at night. Our wood-fired hot tub is a wonderful place to relax under the stars.
We have a large rustic barn which is a wonderful place for both children and adults to gather in inclement weather.
In here you will find indoor badminton, table tennis and volleyball as well as various children’s toys.
Cooking/ Kitchen Facilities
Our Grade II listed Granary and Cowshed kitchens are approximately 100 yards from each of the yurts. Both of our kitchens are well equipped and have kitchen tables and chairs. (A little further from the top yurt).
We aim to provide everything you should need to prepare simple meals.
Each kitchen is shared between 2 yurts.
- Camping gas stoves
- A fridge for each yurt
- Electric toaster
- Electric kettle
- Crockery, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans
- Tea towels, pot scourers, dish clothes, and washing up liquid
- There is a charcoal and gas BBQ available outside. Alternatively you can cook over an open fire.
- Hot showers
- Flushing Loos and wash basins
- Bathroom facilities are housed in a listed granary
Each yurt has it’s own authentic fire pit where you are welcome to have campfires, toast marshmallows or even cook your evening meal over an open fire.
“In my days as an expedition nurse working in many remote regions of the world, I quickly learnt that any fool can be uncomfortable and that life’s little luxuries are important. Our ethos is to help you have a very special and memorable holiday” (Sara Williamson).
Our yurt and kitchen areas are non-smoking and we unfortunately cannot take pets due to the livestock on the farm, however you could leave your dog at Pelynt Boarding Kennels which is only a couple of miles away.